Advanced project Management
You are required to document your role in administering a project. The project may be set in a business, social, sporting, or family environment but must be of a significant size and scale. If you do not have an actual project to write about you may complete the project hypothetically. This report will be between three to six pages in length. This is a significant research project.
Your report must address each of the following issues:
1. Identify and describe the purpose, scope, and objectives of the project. Display this information using an appropriate tool.
The project aimed towards developing a new staff recruitment and selection process for a local mail distribution centre. The purpose was to mitigate the loopholes that existed in the current recruitment processes. By establishing a selection process that is derived from skill assessments, productivity and deliverables could have been achieved higher for the organisation. Thus, the scope could be possibly echoed as vast and high (Kumari and Malhotra, 2013). The objective of this project was to eliminate the previous terms and conditions of recruitment processes and simultaneously develop new selection criteria to guide the mail delivery organisation towards achieving productivity at the workspace.
2. Describe how the team is given an outline of the project.
In regards to the new recruitment and selection process for a local mail distribution centre, the project team suggested few areas where the changes are required to be made. These included areas associated with preparing the JDs (Job Descriptions) followed by making the panel aware of the criteria that are now supposed to be followed along with providing the centre with a sense of judging the abilities (Kamran et al., 2015). Further, the outline of the project also included an area that was associated with the orientation, training and development of the new joiners for the organisation.
3. Describe the strategies that are going to be set up to maintain communication with the team members.
To prepare the strategies that are going to be set-up to maintain communication with the team members, creating a project communication scheme was suggested. This was supposed to be including the timelines of communication, the methods of communication, and the medium as well that might potentially help the project manager assess the effective flow of communication within the team (Rozario et al., 2019). Further, the respective professionals are also supposed to be assessing some roles and responsibilities so that communication can be managed more efficiently.
4. Describe the tools that are going to be used to monitor the goals, time frames or milestones.
The tools that are going to be used to monitor the goals, time frames, and milestones will include the following –
1. Meetings: Meetings will hang on ordinary premises with the partners. The objective, periods, and achievements identified with the undertaking will be examined with them.
2. Phone calls: The phone call will be included wherein an individual converse with different individuals simultaneously. To give the data concerning the undertaking gatherings to the partners, the phone calls will be additionally done. It will cut the expense of movement and it is additionally less tedious.
3. Electronic mail: It is a procedure of trading the messages which are called mail between individuals with the assistance of electronic gadgets. Any adjustment in the period or the achievement was educated to the partners on a quick premise through it (Slavic et al., 2017).
4. Bulletins: A bulletin alludes to a printed report which contains information on the business exercises that is sent via mail consistently to every one of the individuals who are intrigued. For the most part, a bulletin comprises one fascinating theme for its beneficiary. It will be additionally utilized for speaking with the partners.
5. Voicemail: Voicemail is considered one of the main tools for communication. It is more convincing as the voice pitch for desperation or energy can be resolved through it. Any adjustment in the achievement of the undertaking or the period was educated to the partners through it.
5. Identify project milestones and activities. Display this information using an appropriate tool.
For delivering the right form of recruitment and selection process for this firm, the project milestone included a focus on the communication factor of the organisation. In this regard, the activities were indulged in the form of orientation and training where the employees were made to learn while playing.
6. Create a budget and link the costs to the key milestones for a project.
The budget in this regard will primarily include the expenses associated with the right sort of stationary and expenses for the selection of the right recruiter. It will also include a part of the budget for other employees who will seek potential candidates from the different demographic location of the country (Abraham et al., 2015). Thus, the cumulative budget will not exceed an amount of 10,000 USD.
7. Describe how you are going to divide tasks and resources amongst a project team. Display this information using an appropriate tool.
The tasks will be divided as per the allocations. That is, based on selection processes, orientation, and training and development of the potential candidates for the mail distribution firm. The resources will also be bifurcated as per the requirement of these segments.
8. Briefly describe how the progress will be monitored.
To monitor the progress effectively, it is perhaps essential to seek the potential of hiring an external source that will be responsible to assess all the processes associated with evaluation and feedback for the employees.
9. How are current project records maintained? Who has responsibility for this? Provide some recommendations on how this process could be improved.
The current project records are maintained using the following ways –
Considering the responsibility, the records custodian is responsible for maintaining all project records (Gopalia, 2012).
Recommendations to improve the process –
10. Describe the current procedure for finalizing projects. Create your procedure and identify how you will evaluate the success of the project.
The current procedure for finalizing the projects include the following (Lievens and Chapman, 2010)–
Additional evaluation procedure –
11. Legislation that may affect the project including health and safety, and anti-discrimination legislation.
The legislation that might affect the project includes anti-discrimination legislation, health and safety legislation, and project management legislation.