What is mobile operating system explain with examples?
Before studying mobile operating system we should not know about an operating system. An operating system is the main program of the computer or system so it is also called System software. Without an operating system a computer can not be work.
Operating System is described as a set of programs that synchronizes the working of computer hardware and software.
Similarly, a mobile operating system (mobile OS) is an operating system that is created or designed only for a mobile device, such as a tablet, smartphone, personal digital assistant (PDA), or other enclosed mobile OS.
A mobile can not be work without an operating system. It is the main program or software of a mobile. Thus without an operating system a mobile is useless. It provides graphical user interface (GUI), which is used to interact the user and the mobile hardware.
A mobile operating system is an operating system that is used to run other application software on mobile devices. The mobile operating systems launched on smartphones involves BlackBerry, Android, Symbian OS, iPhone OS, RIM's Windows Mobile OS, Palm OS, WebOS, and Maemo. Android, WebOS, and Maemo are all acquired or obtained from Linux.
Mobile operating system examples : -
The most well-known and popular mobile operating systems are :
Types of mobile operating systems :
The main types of popular mobile operating systems are as follows.
Features of mobile operating system :
Mobile operating system’s features are as follows.
The benefits of mobile operating system :
The mobile operating system’s advantages are as follows.
Disadvantages of Mobile Operating System :
The main disadvantages of mobile operating system are as follows.
Android Pros and cons:
|Android:||Android Pros:||Android Cons:|
- Launch in 2008
- Most used OS in the world
- Generally written in Java
- Open source
- Used on Samsung, LG, google, Huawei, Nokia and other devices.
- Dominant in global market
- More flexibility to customize app
- Diverse device options for users
- Can side load apps from outside the play store
- Takes longer to develop
- User are slower to adopt new operating systems
- Users are less likely to purchase apps
- More susceptible to malware
iOS Pros and cons:
|iOS:||iOS Pros:||iOS Cons:|
- Launch in 2007
- 2nd most used OS in the world
- Generally written in swift
- Closed ecosystem
- Used on exclusively apple devices like iPhone, IPad and MacBook
- Faster, easier, cheaper to developer
- Apple users more likely to purchase apps
- Tight security
- Apple users more likely to update OS
- Less popular outside western Europe and north America
- Less flexibility to customize
- Apps take longer to be approved in app store
- Fewer device options for users
The reason why students require Mobile Operating System Homework Help tutors’ assistance
Choosing an online homework help website is very important for improving academic performance. Our customer service people are always available throughonline chat service on our website abchomeworkhelp.com at any time even while we're working 24 hours, 7 days a week for instant homework online.
Contact us for homework writing services for all college and university subjects. 100% on-time delivery guaranteed. We will write your homework for A+ grades. So, send your Mobile Operating System homework doubt or sample project at [email protected] along with the homework deadlines to us and all homework get completed on time within agreed deadline.